Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3D Model of My Crafted House Yard

Autodesk 123D -- My Corner
Let me talk about my experience at first. I chose model of a house yard which I crafted in my Fundamentals of Forms class. After installing 123 Catch program on my iPhone, I started capturing 40 pictures of my model as instruction. However, the program died when I almost done (when I had around 38 pictures). It happened twice like this until I found I should have signed up for an account. Finally the 3D mesh was processed. The 123 catch app. on iPhone though has very limited features. It didn't allow me to edit/clean my mesh and make it decent. Thus, I opened it on my computer. It requested the installation of extra plugins in order to view in 3D model. Once I checked my mesh and felt unsatisfied that much, I lauched online 123 Catch to see how can I edit my mesh. Although online 123 Catch has more features than mobile one, it still does show the same interface as the tutorial videos. So I decided to install both 123 Make and 123 Catch software on my computer. But the 123 Make just didn't coorperate with my computer at all. The computer started running funny and super slow. Then I had to uninstall it to bring my computer back to normal.

Luckily, the 123 Catch seemed to work well. Also I realized that I was only asked to use 123 Catch to heal/clean my mesh. Then I downloaded all the zip files and unzipped the file into individual photos. I created a new capture by uploading these original photos and received the link in my email to download it. Now I can reopen it by choosing open an existing capture and keep working on it. I got rid of those uncleaned areas afterwards to generate the final completed mesh and published my work on the 123 gallery.

Some tips: Make sure you sign in every time when you open the 123 Catch program. And wait patiently during the process. Many steps such as uploading and creating a new capture, generating a mesh, and publishing the mesh to the gallery all take forever! Seriously, I must say the 123 serial sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment