Thursday, September 6, 2012

Urban Landscape Edited Photos


There are so many pictures taken while I was traveling around. Last fall, I moved to Toledo and kept hanging around this city ever since. However, I never actually explored and appreciated this city. Through the photography assignment based on Urban Landscape theme, I start to realize how amazing its urban scenery is. Using iPhone 4s which has a camera with up to 8 megapixels resolution, I captured over 300 pictures in total last week. Then 64 photos were selected for the assignment. Here are some original pictures displaying the urban landscape of Toledo. If you are attracted by this unique city now, check out my Flickr Urban Landscape, Toledo.
I edited these photos by operating an application called Pixrl Express this week. They are posted on Flickr Urban Landscape Edited, Toledo if you are interested. I tried not to edit therm too much. The photo quality is indeed improved a lot when I was applying Pixrl tools to my photos. Pixrl Express is such a great program whose interface is clear and intuitive. It's free and easy to run in any computer system. As a novice user, I found Pixrl is neat and simple compared with photoshop. Now I want to describe the process of my photo editing.
 This might be my top favorite pair. The left is original snap at Toledo downtown street, and the right side one is edited. The raw image measure 7990272 pixels (2448 X 3264) pretty close to the highest resolution the camera is capable of. After resolution check, I did some adjustments firstly by increasing its brightness and contrast degree, and apply certain amount of vibrance. In order to optimize the photo, I changed its overlay into Tie Dye (specifically Bluberry) style and effect as Soft Mary style. In fact, these steps were arranged back and forth until I got the proposed result.
The one with two dolls is my second favorite. They are a part of my car decoration. Resolution of the raw image is 7990272 pixels (3264 X 2448). I only did a few changes. For example, the whole image was blurred to some degree. Then I applied Olga Adam style overlay and adjusted its vibrance to negative value.
I tried to practice varied editing ways based on content of each photo. For example, some adjustments such as focal bluring, rotating, resizing the photo or on its sharpness, staturation of color were performed. Other changes were made to their overlay and effect. Here come two more comparison groups between before being edited and after.


Hope you enjoy this article talking about photography and photo editing. To a traveler, grasping such skill is very necessary and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment