Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Urban Landscape Videos

Try our slideshow creator at Animoto.

Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.

Two 30s videos were produced by using Animoto.com in order to include more pictures I like to show. Based on the theme of urban landscape, I chose the earth style and watercolor seeshore style combine with a song from Lupe Fiasco called Paris, Tokyo. It's a hip-hop song with relatively qucik tempo. I edited the start point to 11th second within the song. Then I add my album. However, it only allowed me to put 11 pictures for a 30 second video for free. I remember Phoebe said we can increase the speed to 2x so that more pictures can be added. I looked for help on Animoto.com and other instructional website, however, still couldn't figure it out how to customize the speed playing video. Finally, two videos including two video styles, two different music pieces from a song, and 22 photos of urban landscape, Toledo were finalized. It was easy to operate Animoto.com application for making videos. Nevertheless, I didn't enjoy the process dealing with it. Animoto performs slowly without many exciting/unique technologies. Perhaps it can be better experience for people who pay for this program. The interface is simply which I like it. But I had to start over several times when a big file failed to be uploaded. In addition, Animoto is unable to accept image files in my computer whose sizes exceed 10MB. Then I tried to retrieve photos from Flickr and Facebook. Neither one worked. Overall, I didn't feel comfortable with this video design application.

No comments:

Post a Comment