Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Video Mahups

 
The song I made on Soundation.com the week before is actually hard to match with many videos. I was looking for movie trailers and music videos to see if they can be mashed up with my song. It took me long time to pick videos. The Filelab video editor program is very easy to deal with once you figured the function of each button. The tutorial wegpage cannot be opened due to the JAVA version problem. Even though I upgraded my JAVA version, my computer was unable to show that tutorial video. So I had to spend time practicing and trying the Filelab. Before the Kung Fu video for this week assignment was done, I made another cartoon video mashup using three old cartoons and a Japanese child song as practice. These cartoons are the Thrifty Pig, the Kangaroo Kid and Donald's Decision. The best parts were included in this cartoon video mashup which looks very funny. In fact, I prefer the free style making video mashup using any song and any videos we like.

Three Kung Fu videos were chosen for the video mashup using my song after I browsed hundreds of videos throughout all various topics. As I mentioned, it was very tough for me to find suitable videos. The videos finally chosen are about Kung Fu jumps and techniques. I did some editing such as cut the parts not needed (e.g. some waiting, preparing time; less exciting ones; and ones hard to mix with other parts); split the continuous one into many courses (so all the Kung Fu moves are presented in a more organized way); and rearranged the order of each small video parts properly. Since all these videos have the same theme, it was not too difficult when I mashup them together. Then I added my song as an overlay and excluded some less interesting part of my song so that the length of music is the same as the video time. Overall, the tempo of my song seems good with the whole mashup video. It was sort of successful video as this is the best I can do. My song was not super great which brings more difficulties in this project. If one thing could be changed about my mashup, I would definitely apply a better song in my video mashup with more diverse videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment