Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Typology- Becher Grid

Types of Perfume Bottles
I took 16 pictures of my favorite perfume bottles before using the photo editing program- Pixlr's Advanced Photo Editor. Then I opened one image on Pixlr's, and started adjusting the level of image in order to get the best tone (i.e. brightness value). Actually, it wasn't too hard once you figure out how to adjust it according to the histogram. I didn't apply auto adjustment of levels because I found it doesn't make much difference.
The second step is to crop the photo. I set 1:1 aspect ratio so I cut excess space of it. Next step, I resized every image to 875 x 875 pixels preapred for the final grid with the size of 4000 x 4000 pixels. Now I began to create the final grid. Firstly, I made a blue background image at a size of 4000 x 4000 pixels. Then I opened the images I edited and did cut/paste on the blue background. To make better layout of images, I manipulated a white spacer (100 x 100 pixles) to aid me with the arranging the image to a right position. After make sure everything look perfect for the final grid, I flattened all layers (incl. the background layer, photo layers) and saved as PNG and JPEG files.
This Typology project is really fun and the advanced Pixlr's works for me. It was a little frustrating only when I was using a spacer to move the images on the background layer. Other than that, everything is easy and interesting.      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment