Thursday, October 11, 2012

Generative Art Projects




I. Scribbler Project
By using Scribbler program, I simply drew some curve lines in the upper one. Then adjusted the line thickness and scribbliness in the scribbler setting. It was my first trial and wasn't perfect. But I really liked the result. Literally, I had some ideas about the feature of this app. after more practice. Then I came up with the second one with stars and tried different colors (blue and yellow). I did pause the scribbler so I can adjust setting during it's working. Since the scribbler doesn't have save command, you have to find a way to save your work. There is a QQ messenger screen grab app. installed on my computer, so I captured the picture by that. And I intentionally cut the half-way scribbled ones.



II. Scribbler Too Project
Scribbler Too is definitely more advanced version than Scribbler. It has all variables for each value in setting (incl. canvas, brush, color). Moreover, you can even upload your own preferred pictures and start from that. It's said one of the most important improvements of Scribbler Too is that you are able to save the image. However, it didn't work well for me. After I saved my work with scribbler, I can't open it again. Then I found the only way to get access to my stuff is to drag the file to the Scribbler Too sketching area. I did that, then applied my QQ app. to grab the picture so that it can be saved as JPEG file.
For the first one, I started from the uploaded photo of my dog Lacey. I adjusted several values in brush setting including Radius, Connections, Stroke and Fuzzyness and applied different colors to the Lacey's eyes, eye brows, mustache, tail and body trunk. The following second version of Lacey, I made it for fun. Wasn't sure may look weird.
In the second part of this project, I need to create an image that appears to have a sense of volumn. I sketched a structure mimicing the endoplasmic reticulum in biology cell. As you can see, I used grey color line and adjusted in brush settings such as stroke size, fuzzyness, radius, etc.
The last one actually came from one of my initial trails. It's supposed to be nest-like shape. But it looks somehow different afterwards. I used purple red and blue colors for the sketching, and also turned the background color to red in the canvas setting. I want to show my early results working on the Scribbler Too.


III. Flame Project
The flame painter is awesome. First, I can't help to comment on it. You draw with fire. Multiple ways ends up with surprising effects. Even though it is almost impossible to drew something literal, you can make abstract images with interesting flow to express some sort of emotion. Varied starting points may result in different results. Of course, you can also choose different color and change settings. The upper one is about two connected hearts meaning sweet love. Red and blue were used as color based of the flame. It was not easy to handle and control the flame painter. This one turned out the best one after I failed many times. The second one I wanted to play more with the brush by cycling to create a different effect. It's so neat by driving the brush in multiple ways I can make some places with more density and some ones look more spacious. Therefore, I created second one named "Bloody" on white background. My work was easily saved with the Flame as it has save command.   

No comments:

Post a Comment